Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Predictive Index Question and Answer

Hi Steve,

I am 44 years old and have owned my own business for the past 16 years. I am presently considering a career change and have spoken to some current customers about joining their organization in a sales or sales management capacity. One gentleman has offered to allow me to take the PI just to see where I may stack up. I obviously want to make a strong impression, even though this a non employment situation (because of the requirement to relocate)for his firm. What should I be looking to accomplish with this test? What personality traits, attitudes and strengths would a corporate sales organizationbe looking for in the results? Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

J.

J.,

My recommendation is that you take your friend up on the offer. Once you complete it, review the results with your friend and see what it tells you. Companies are looking for virtually all types of people. The key is to find those who fit particular jobs.

Once you hear the results, you might want to see how your experience and personal desires combine with the results to lead you in a new direction.


Steve

Steve,

Thank you for your response. I'll do just as you suggest. My goal is to understand more completely the job/career process from both sides of the fence. It has been such a long timesince I have even thought about careers and different types of job opportunities. Much work to do.

Thanks again.

J.

FYI: J. sent me his PI and it came out as an Authoritative Sales pattern. The first paragraph of his report says:

J. is a confident, independent self-starter with competitive drive, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them. He can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with ideas for dealing with them.

To learn more about Predictive Index, visit out website.

1 comment:

AlabamaTiger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.